Thai Noodle with Peanut Sauce
200g dry noodles (Edamame noodle, brown rice noodles, pad Thai style rice noodles)
3 cups mix of cabbage, carrots, spiralled courgettes, cucumber, shredded or grated
1 red Capsicum, finely sliced
1/2 Red onion, sliced
½ bunch coriander, chopped
¼–½ cup roasted, crushed peanuts for garnish
Thai Peanut Sauce
1 flat tsp ginger paste- cut across the grain, about the size of a quarter.
1 flat tsp garlic paste
¼ cup peanut butter
¼ cup fresh orange juice
3 tablespoon fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons honey or Maple Syrup
3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
½ –1 teaspoon of sriracha sauce (optional)
½ teaspoon salt
- Cook Noodles as per instructions on pack, drain and set aside.
- Blend the Peanut Sauce: Blend ingredients together using a blender until smooth.
- Mix the noodles and the veggies together, fold in the peanut sauce.
- Adjust taste to your liking with salt, lime juice and maple syrup.
- Garnish with peanuts and coriander leaves.
This presentation was given as part of the Live Well series held at Masterton Seventh-day Adventist Church in New Zealand. Feel free to contact us for more information.